Friends of Carmel
MISSION STATEMENT of the Friends of Carmel
As Friends of Carmel, we support the Carmelite Sisters of the Most Sacred Heart of Los Angeles through the sharing of time, talent and treasure in their mission of fostering the spiritual life through healthcare, education and retreats.
Carmelite Sisters of the Most Sacred Heart of Los Angeles
The Carmelite Sisters, through loving service overflowing from their lives of prayer, promote a deeper spiritual life among God’s people through education, healthcare, and retreats. Rooted in the monastic tradition of Carmel, the Sisters’ life and mission are in service of the Catholic Church, given in the name of Christ for God’s glory, the salvation of souls and the betterment of our world.
The Sisters currently serve in three healthcare facilities, eight schools, two early-learning centers and a retreat center with two campuses, from Los Angeles, California to Miami, Florida.
Underlying Principles of Friends of Carmel
Value the primacy of Gospel Spirituality in one’s life
Recognize the profound value of the witness of Religious Sisters to the world
Appreciate Catholic education
Desire to protect the sanctity of life, particularly the very young, adolescents, and vulnerable senior members of our society
Wish to support family unity and family values
For Friends of Carmel who wish to give financial support:
In his Second Letter to the Corinthians, St. Paul uses the term “ambassadors” exhorting the people to become “Ambassadors for Christ”. In the same way, those who are drawn by the Carmelite spirit and desire to support the life and works of the Carmelite Sisters in a financial way, are invited to become Ambassadors. Carmelite Ambassadors make a financial commitment of $10 monthly or more than $100 a year to support the life and works of the Carmelite Sisters.
What do Carmelite Ambassadors receive?
- Daily remembrance in the prayers and sacrifices of the
- Annual Mass offered for their intentions
- Opportunities for spiritual growth
- E-blast once a month or special reflections/upcoming news/event updates
- Other examples of spiritual benefits particular to the Chapter
- Day of prayer
- Spiritual talks
- Receive bi-annual Spirit of Carmel publication
- Invitation to Carmelite sponsored activities in the local area
- Special Holy Hours with the Carmelite Sisters
How are the Funds used?
Donations given through Carmelite Ambassadors are used for the following:
- To support our younger sisters in formation
- To support our sisters’ educational training
- To support our elderly sisters who are needing care
- To support the most urgent needs at Carmelite Apostolic Centers
To make a one-time contribution, please click the donate button below:
To make a monthly contribution, please click donate button below:
For more information, contact the Advancement Office at 626.289.1353 x244 or fill out below: