Family Faith Festival
The Carmelite Sisters invite you to a Celebration of Faith at Santa Teresita in Duarte, California. Come and enjoy a day of faith, music, praise, worship, games, food, and fun!
Saturday, April 20, 2013 at Santa Teresita
11am Kick-off celebration
3pm Closing Mass
In the Year of Faith, our Holy Father invites us to an encounter with Christ through authentic witnesses to faith, through a deeper understanding of the truths of our faith that Jesus revealed. This is an invitation to renew the faith of Catholics so that we will be credible, joy-filled witnesses to the Risen Lord in the world today, capable of leading others to faith. Every initiative for the Year of Faith should aid in the joyous rediscovery of the faith and its renewed transmission.
Activities of the day include:
- Holy Mass
- Festival of Praise
- Praise and Worship Band
- Songs led by students from each of our schools
- Faith Games and Activities
- Rosary/chaplet making
- Bookmark making
- Face painting
- Balloon creations
- Variety of games
- Faith Competitions
- Trophies, awards, certificates
- Art Gallery displaying children’s art reflecting the Year of Faith
- Educational Displays on the Catholic contribution to human culture through:
- Humanitarian efforts
- Catholic Books and Resources available for purchase
- Year of Faith T-shirts available for purchase
For more information, call (310) 835-4827 or email
Click here for flyer
What are Catholics invited to do in the Year of Faith?
- Read, reflect on, and discuss the Holy Father’s Apostolic Letter on the Year of Faith, Porta Fidei .
- Intensify celebration of the faith especially in our celebration of the Eucharist.
- Devote greater attention to the teachings of the Second Vatican Council and the Catechism of the Catholic Church (through homilies, days of study, greater accessibility to resources related to these two significant moments in the life of the Church)
- Help catechists to hold more firmly to the doctrinal richness of the Catechism of the Catholic Church and make resources related to the CCC more available to the domestic church (families).
- Organize parish missions designed to renew commitment to giving witness to our faith.
- Renew our personal efforts to communicate our experience of faith to others.
During the Year of Faith, Catholics are asked to study and reflect on the documents of Vatican II and the catechism so that they may deepen their knowledge of the faith. This is a “summons to an authentic and renewed conversion to the Lord, the One Savior of the world” (Porta Fidei 6). In other words, the Year of Faith is an opportunity for Catholics to experience a conversion – to turn back to Jesus and enter into a deeper relationship with him. The “door of faith” is opened at one’s baptism, but during this year Catholics are called to open it again, walk through it and rediscover and renew their relationship with Christ and his Church. (USCCB)
Explanation of the Year of Faith by Archbishop Fisichella:
This year therefore is aimed primarily at the whole Church so that in the face of the dramatic crisis of faith which touches many Christians, she will be able to show once again and with renewed enthusiasm the true face of Christ…
It is a year for all of us because through the perpetual journey of faith we feel the need to reinvigorate our steps…and to give the most assertive witness [of the] joy of faith [by] speaking about it in a renewed way. This is the main purpose, so as not to forget what characterizes our life: belief.
Thank you to our sponsors!